Evangeline...

    follow @ Twitter

    Wednesday, April 15, 2009

    Top Ten Things to Enjoy when your Husband is Laid-Off

    In case you missed the Twitter announcement, my husband was unexpectedly laid-off last week. While this is absolutely no fun for a shoe-addicted, mocha-guzzling, Amazon-ordering Stay At Home Mom like me, I know of some families who have experienced far, far worse recently. I can't help but think of myself as fortunate.

    So, here's my little twist on our current less-than-splendid situation.

    Top Ten Things to Enjoy when your Husband is Laid-Off

    10. Rediscovering good movies in your own DVD library. (Fun with Dick and Jane currently tops our list.)
    9. An extra driver for kid pick-up and delivery duty.
    8. Cultivating your inner frugal chef ("Would anyone like some more Herbert?" In case you missed the post, Herbert is the name we gave to the butchered cow who now resides in our freezer.)
    7. Skipped calories from forgoing expensive Starbucks drinks.
    6. An ever-ready, appreciative audience (Dad) for boys’ burps, farts, wrestling and other manly pursuits.
    5. Hubby is never late for dinner. ("How did you cook Herbert tonight, Honey?")
    4. Already bought all four books in the Twilight series. (Phew! Now that would have been a hardship.)
    3. A rock-solid reason for sending door-to-door salespeople packing.
    2. Incredible support of friends and family.

    And the Number One thing to enjoy while your husband is laid-off . . .

    An extra 2.5 kisses a day!

    4 comments:

    Amy Jane (Untangling Tales) said...

    Only 2.5???

    Evangeline Denmark said...

    What do you mean "Only 2.5???"
    2.5 is huge! He's an engineer after all.

    Amy Jane (Untangling Tales) said...

    Ooo--my man's an engineer too!

    But I expect something like 2.5 times more kisses if he's home all day... though I have to fish for them sometimes.

    Christa said...

    We loved "Fun With Dick and Jane" during job-challenged times, too. I could especially relate to the scene where they held up a coffee shop for lattes. I would sooo do that.