Evangeline...

    follow @ Twitter

    Friday, August 21, 2009

    Stay Tuned

    Dear Blog Readers,

    It has been three weeks since my last confession. I felt compelled to tell you that I am not dead, merely languishing in the alternate existence known as back-to-school time.

    Beginning on Monday, I’ll be trying my hand at Influencing. No, not my usual “Honey, you cannot wear that striped shirt with those plaid shorts” type of influencing. I’ll be sharing about a few books I’ve read lately that I think you ought to know about and go out and buy.

    I’m new to the world of Influencing and maybe I’m not supposed to use that term, but it’s not as though I’m knocking on your door in a white shirt and tie, or picketing the capitol building with a sign that reads “No communist healthcare.” No, I respect your right to believe the way you want to about God, politics, and bikini waxing. But, unfortunately, you are going to have to hear my opinion on books.

    So tune in Monday. Yes, you have to. Or I’ll picket your house in a shirt and tie with a banner that reads “You must read this book or I’ll call you politically incorrect names and force you to get a bikini wax.”

    Be afraid. Be very afraid.

    No comments: