Evangeline...

    follow @ Twitter

    Friday, June 1, 2012

    Vampires on Bicycles

    Ah, summer.

    The other day my 8-year-old rode down the middle of the street on his bicycle wearing all black and spouting his own version of vampire lore. Did you know wearing black is lucky for a vampire?

    It’s a good thing I’m past caring what the neighbors think.

    Our first week of summer has been stressful. I have great plans for getting my kids on a schedule and improving some bad eating habits that have slipped in. Relax, none of those habits have anything to do with blood! But first I need to finish a rewrite. I’d hoped to have it done before school got out, but with one thing or another…

    So this blog will be short and sweet. Well, sweet if you think vampire-obsessed 8-year-old’s are sweet. Since I'm also considered a moving violation when I’m plotting and walking at the same time, I find Chunky’s world-building charming. I’m sure some parents would be concerned, but having lived through his leprechaun stage and countless “I’m a puppy dog” scenarios, I know to let the “story” play out.

    Speaking of stories, just today I saw that there’s a graphic novel version of Washington Irving’s Sleepy Hollow. I loved reading it in college so I think I might have to pick it up.

    I just started Divergent and it promises to be good. On my summer reading list with the boys are The Invention of Hugo Cabret and The Lightning Thief.

    I’d love to hear what you’re reading this summer. What’s on your TBR pile? If you have kids, what are they reading?

    Oh, and in case you need something to look forward to, check out the trailer for Les Miserables. It gave me goosebumps!

    3 comments:

    Unknown said...

    I hadn't seen that trailer yet. Looks good. My TBR pile is so huge I try not to think about it.

    Brandi Boddie said...

    I do want to see that movie. I have so many books sitting on my shelves and in my Kindle. I plan on getting through a steampunk Sherlock Holmes anthology this month.

    Donita K. Paul said...

    It gave me goosebumps, too. I first heard Hugh Jackman sing in Oklahoma. It was a filmed on stage production. He played Curly. Oh my, that man has talent.