Evangeline...

    follow @ Twitter

    Thursday, March 20, 2008

    Exciting News!

    Yes, I have exciting news to share, and although I did visit a certain unpleasant doctor today, it is not news of a reproductive nature. So with that disclaimer out of the way, lets get on to the good stuff.

    My mom is the famouserific author of the Dragonkeeper Chronicles, Donita K. Paul, in case you didn't know. She and I co-authored a series of children's books, and today we received our official offer letter from Waterbrook Publishers. Woohoo! We are both thrilled!

    The books feature the unlikely duo of an adventurous turtle named Roger and his easy-going dragon friend, Padraig. Together, Roger and Padraig embark on imaginative journeys on the high seas, through the creature-ridden jungle, and in their own backyard. It doesn't matter where these two find themselves. They can create adventure out of nothing. Rather like two boys I know.

    And yes, my youngest son helped Roger into existence by refusing to fall asleep one night, prompting his desperate mother to squeeze a story out of her poor, tired brain. My little guy fell in love with Roger the night that intrepid turtle crawled out of my imagination, and Roger has been a family member ever since. By the way, we have several other imaginary family members. This makes dinner conversation quite entertaining.

    I will keep you up to date on Roger and Padraig's journey toward publication. The publishers are shooting for Fall of 2009, but you never know, turtles have a way of slowing things down. And now, I will go back to jumping up and down.

    5 comments:

    Jennifer ♥ said...

    Yay! That's very exciting!! I'm proud of both of you :)

    ~Jennifer

    Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

    Woo-hoo! This is from me and Stuart...although he just said "Cool" and "awesome" at two different times. :)

    This is fantastic, chica! Congratulations. I knew it was only a matter of time. And now, there are THREE published authors in our crit group. All the little chickies are flying the coop.

    Go us!

    Kimberley Woodhouse said...

    WOOHOO!!!! That doesn't even seem to cut it!!!!!
    Love you both!
    Kim
    www.kimberleywoodhouse.com

    MangyCat said...

    Excellent! That is fantastic news! Congratulations. :oD

    Anonymous said...

    Couldn't have happened to a better duo!